Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Possible Owner Change
Possible Owner Change

2646 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2016-01-06 09:48:41

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    bwaggoner
    2015-12-29 16:51:06

I purchased a MaxiDAS DS708 from our local Cornwell Tool Truck back in 2012.  The Cornwell representative told me that this scanner had been sold to a shop then purchaser backed out.  Because of this, he told me that he would update it for me but that after the first year, I would have to pay for updates.  Since I am a Chevrolet dealership, we do not use this scanner very often but love the tool when we need it.

Unfortunately for me, the Cornwell Tool Truck sales rep is no longer in business.   I finally broke down and decided to update the tool and now have run into quite a mess.  It seems he never registered the tool to us so that, when I go and try to register it, it says the ID it was registered under was "1demo91t9" And when I log in under my Autel account and attempt to register the tool, I get a “registering product failed”.  I am not sure what I can do to get this problem resolved but I was wondering if someone could help me get this fixed.  I have the serial number and register password stored in the tool if needed...

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-12-30 05:41:52 (Reply to:bwaggoner)

Hi, please send us a picture about serial number and register password to support@autel.com. We will check that for you.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-30 13:46:29 (Reply to:bwaggoner)

Might be Too Late now , but    You  might wish to leave the tool SD card as is with the original  Pre Ford Lawsuit software on it  because the newer redesigned software (to avoid further legislation with other car makers )  has lost the  factory logos and allegedly some of the OE tool functionality  it once  had that made it great, but if you can get a fresh new 16gb Sandisk SD card and re register and update tool  and save the old software SD card and  hopefully it  still work if ever needed?, then that would be a good idea to do rather than just letting it be over written . You need a larger SD card now than 4gb anyway!
      Just make sure your techs do not allow tool to update and overwrite that original 4gb SD card with the old reverse engineered software, just update the  new larger size SD card!

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    bwaggoner
    2015-12-31 15:04:12 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Thanks for the response, I appreciate the help!

I sent an email to that account on Monday at about 5:40 PM Eastern Standard Time but never got a response.  It did not have a picture of that information but I included the serial number and register password in that previous email.  Is there a way anyone can check that one or do I need to send another one that includes a screen shot of the device info? 

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    bwaggoner
    2015-12-31 15:09:43 (Reply to:witsend)
     Interesting!  The salesman actually came back sometime in 2013 and updated the tool.  My SD card is actually an 8gb card, but I still have the logos...  Examples of versions are: BMW V8.10, Ford V6.00, Chrysler V6.50, GM V8.10 and Toyota V3.30T.  I am not sure how to tell the date of the last update but I ran into the problem on a Toyota and went back and looked and found that none of my versions include vehicles past the age of 2012 or 2013.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-31 18:41:02 (Reply to:bwaggoner)

I think I would actually get 2 fresh blank cards of the same brand and size then at least create a back up folders of the expired software immediately before and then after your subscription is renewed under your  new registration information (Before you update the system and car makes one at a time off the PC Suite.) Do not allow the PC Suite to update any back up software you saved to the PC though , just update  the SD card in the card reader.  Hopefully the original old card and old software will continue working  with the old registration info if you ever need to go back , but just in case you also copy the old card contents off the new card just after  you bought  the update subscription with the new user registration information ( before you actually do any updating)

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    bwaggoner
    2015-12-31 19:15:41 (Reply to:witsend)
     Great information!  Thanks for the help!

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-01-06 09:48:41 (Reply to:bwaggoner)

Hello Sir, as we have checked here, there is no mail from you brent@sutherlandchevy.com. Please check if you've sent the mail to support@autel.com or to Autel US. Or you may send the mail to support@autel.com again and we will reply to you soon. Thanks!
  Total1 Pages